GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Taking care of a loved one with dementia can take a financial toll, and since it is getting colder in the Triad now is the best time to start thinking about how you will budget to heat your home.
Scott Silknitter from Caregiving 101 and Tom Garcia from Southern Evergreen offered tips on how caregivers can save money.
One option they suggest is Duke Energy's free program for qualifying homeowners where a trained energy specialist conducts a thorough in-home analysis.
The expert will:
- Analyze your total home energy usage
- Check your home for air leaks
- Examine your insulation levels
- Review your appliances and heating/cooling system
The number to call is 844-DING-DONG (346-4366)
Families caring for a loved one qualify if they are:
- A Duke Energy customer
- Own single-family home and have lived there for at least four months
- Have an electric water heater, electric heat or central air
If you have questions for Scott you can reach him here. If you would like to reach Tom, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.