General Manager Nick Hargrove from Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is whipping up some delicious recipes on the Good Morning Show on Sunday! He's making their durango burger & filet with loaded baked potato.
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Shoppes on Little Creek. That's 1215 Creekshire Way, Winston-Salem, NC 27103. You call call them at 336-659-3973.
Durango Burger Ingredients:
1 – 8 oz. Ground Chuck hamburger patty
Hamburger Bun Butter as needed
1 Tbsp. – Firebirds Chile Rub (combination of ancho Chile powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, sugar and salt)
1/2 Cup – Onion Straws, fried Roasted Garlic Ranch Dressing (we make ours in house, but you can use your favorite store bought or homemade version)
1 – Slice, Pepper Jack Cheese
1/2 Cup – Lettuce, shredded
1 – Tomato slice
4 – Pickle chips
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat
2. Assemble and season the burger patty liberally on both sides with Chile rub
3. Grill the burger patty to desired temperature, top with pepper jack cheese and grill until melted
4. While the burger is grilling, butter both sides of the hamburger buns and toast on the grill until golden brown
5. Place the grilled burger patty on the bottom bun and top with pickles, onion straws, and a drizzle of roasted garlic ranch dressing. Put it all together with shredded lettuce and tomato
6. This may be the best burger that you ever had!
2 - 7 oz. Filets
Montreal steak seasoning
Apple Wood Smoked Bacon
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Wrap each filet with the Applewood Smoked Bacon, season generously on both sides with Montreal steak seasoning. Grill over medium high heat until desired temperature is reached.
Loaded Baked Potato Ingredients:
2 – Large Russet Potatoes, washed and allowed to dry overnight
Canola Oil, as needed
Kosher salt, as needed
4 Tbps. Butter
¼ cup Sour Cream
2 Tbps. Smoked Cheddar Cheese, grated
2 Tbps. Smoked bacon crumbles
2 Tbps. Green Onion, sliced
Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Rub potatoes with oil and roll them in salt to coat well on all sides. Place on a sheet pan and bake for 1 hour. Place baked potatoes on cutting board; using a fork, pierce the potatoes four times in the center, turn the fork 90 degrees and pierce the potatoes four more times in the center. Squeeze the potatoes to open and top with butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon and green onions. Serve piping hot with your favorite steak!