GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Some of the top-rated hotels and restaurants in Greensboro are now owned by employees.
The founders of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels (QW) announced Thursday that it is now 100 percent owned by its 600 staff members.
QW says guests will not see changes at any of their six places: O. Henry Hotel, Green Valley Grill, Proximity Hotel, Print Works Bistro, and two Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen locations.
According to the QW, the biggest benefit to staff members will be the retirement benefits provided by their participation in the QW Employee Stock Ownership Plan Trust. After one year with the company, staff members age 18 and older who work more than 20 hours weekly can start accruing retirement funds. They will be fully vested after just three years.
More than 50 staff members at QW have been with the company for more than 10 years.
QW Quick History:
• 1988: Company founded by Dennis Quaintance, Nancy King Quaintance, and Mike Weaver
• 1989: Lucky 32 opens in Greensboro
Stay on top of News, Weather, Sports by downloading WFMY News 2 apps or signing up for our text alerts.
• 1998: O.Henry Hotel and Green Valley Grill open in Greensboro
• 2002: Lucky 32 opens in Cary
• 2007: Proximity Hotel and Print Works Bistro open and are the first to receive the US Green Building Council LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum Certification for a hotel and restaurant in USA
• 2009: Dennis and Nancy Quaintance, along with Mike Weaver, named national semifinalists for James Beard Foundation Outstanding Restaurateur award (Oscars of the food world)
• 2011: Dennis Quaintance receives the Citation Award from the National Conference for Community and Justice
• 2016: QW becomes 100% employee owned!