For those of you who are fans of Chick-fil-A's chicken salad sandwiches, we've got some bad news. Saturday, September 30, is the last day that you'll be able to purchase it from the Atlanta-based chicken giant.
Chick-fil-A announced over the summer that they were pulling their chicken salad off of the menu.
But for those die-hards, fear not -- the powers that be at Chick-fil-A have actually released the recipe so that you can fix their version of the chicken salad at home.
- 4 Chick-fil-A Chicken Breasts (original or grilled), cooled & cut into 1" cubes
- 2.5 oz. celery (approximately 1.5 full stalks, washed, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces)
- 1/3 cup of sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (cooled & peeled)
- Using a food processor, mix chicken, celery, mayonnaise, and relish on low/medium for 5 seconds.
- Begin adding eggs 1 at a time and continue processing for up to 10 additional seconds or until salad is chopped to desired consistency. (Total food processing time needed is 10-15 seconds.)
Servings: 3 cups
The chicken salad sandwich has been served in Chick-fil-A restaurants since the chain opened in 1967.
► Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now