GENERAL SWEEPSTAKES & CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase necessary to enter or to win. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning. Subject to federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Each promotion is open to legal U.S. residents of the States of North Carolina and Virginia who are 18 years or older at the time of entry unless otherwise stated. Employees and contractors of WFMY TV (“Sponsor”), TEGNA., Inc., and each of their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, or any person domiciled with, any such employees or contractors are not eligible to enter or win. You are not a winner until you have been notified as a potential winner, your affidavit of eligibility has been verified, and you have complied with all terms of these rules. If you (or a family member) have won a prize within the last 30 days you are not eligible to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entry forms, directions, requirements, deadlines and the maximum number of entries allowed are clearly published with each promotion posting and/or advertisement. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. SWEEPSTAKES WINNER SELECTION & ODDS: Sweepstakes winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by published sweepstakes deadline. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. CONTEST WINNER SELECTION & ODDS. Contest winners will be selected based upon the decision of the judges and according to the criteria published with each contest.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION
7. PRIZE TERMS: To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1615 Phillips Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27405 within five (5) business days after notification or return of affidavit/release form. Office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. (local time) weekdays. A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. If the prize involves travel or other benefits for a companion in addition to the winner, persons traveling as guest of the winner must also sign any affidavit or release as Sponsor may require. Acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. PARTICIPATION: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate any promotion at any time. Should a promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the eligible entries received before the termination date.
9. CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.