ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, NC - Five Rockingham County Schools were named among the nation's healthiest for 2017 and they're being honored for it.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation will honor the schools at the 'America's Healthiest Schools Southern Regional Celebration” in Atlanta Thursday. 13 North Carolina schools made the annual list of the 323 schools and received the Alliance's Healthier Generation’s National Healthy Schools Award at the Bronze, Silver or Gold level.
The Rockingham County schools awarded are:
- Bethany Elementary School, Bronze
- Central Elementary School, Bronze
- Draper Elementary School, Bronze
- John W. Dillard Elementary School, Bronze
- Rockingham County Middle School, Bronze
► Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now