GREENSBORO, N.C. – One of the easiest ways to keep the ID thieves away, is not giving them access to your information.
The FTC made a list of the things you should shred all the time and the things you should never shred.
- You should consistently shred sales receipts. Unless you think you might take the item back.
- Also shred ATM receipts
- Paid credit card statements
- Utility bills
- Credit card offers
- Cancelled checks that aren’t tax related
After A Year
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements
- Paid undisputed medical bills
After 7 years
- All tax related receipts, checks, W2s.
- Birth Certificate
- Social security card
- Marriage or divorce papers
- The actual tax return