DANVILLE, VA. - A Danville Power and Light employee died Thursday morning while working on a power line.
Samuel Thompson, 63, was electrocuted on Applewood Drive in Pittsylvania County around 8 a.m. He and a coworker were responding to a power outage.
► Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now.
"We are deeply saddened to lose a member of the Danville utilities family,” Utilities Director Jason Grey said. “This is a difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sam’s family, friends and coworkers.”
Grey said Thompson was inside the elevated bucket truck when the accident occurred.
Thompson worked as a lineman for the utilities department for more than 20 years.