GREENSBORO, NC - As the temperatures start to heat up, more outdoor events are starting for the season across the Triad.
On Sunday the first Music for a Sunday Evening in the Park (MUSEP) concert kicked off with Wally West Little Big Band.
The series is every Sunday from June until August:
- June 4: Wally West Little Big Band (jazz) will play two, 45-minute sets. 6 pm, Blandwood Mansion, 447 W. Washington St.
- June 11: Greensboro Big Band (swing, jazz) will play two, 45-minute sets. 6 pm , Greensboro College, 815 W. Market St., Front Lawn
- June 18: Philharmonia of Greensboro (classical, pops) 6:30 pm, Barber Park, 1500 Dans Rd.
- June 25: Banna (Irish) and Martha Bassett Band (Americana, folk) 6 pm, Hester Park, 3906 Betula Rd.
- July 4: Fireworks Patriot Concert with the Greensboro Concert Band (classical, pops)
7:30 pm, First National Bank Field, 408 Bellemeade St.
- July 9: The Draves (blues, roots, rock) and Soul Central with Jaybird (blues, R&B, jazz, soul) 6 pm, Gateway Gardens, 2924 E. Gate City Blvd.
- July 16: Eastern Music Festival Young Artist Wind Ensemble (classical, pops)
6:30 pm, LeBauer Park, 208 N. Davie St.
- July 23: Piedmont Triad Jazz Orchestra (jazz) will play two, 45-minute sets. This event is in conjunction with the Eastern Music Festival
6 pm, Founder's Lawn, Guilford College, 5800 W. Friendly Ave.
- July 30: Sweet Dreams (Blues, R&B, jazz, soul) and Rob Massengale Band (variety, rock and roll). 6 pm, Gillespie Golf Course, 306 E. Florida St.
- August 6: Zinc Kings (Piedmont old time music) and Wonderwall (Beatles cover band) 6 pm, Latham Park, W. Wendover Ave. at Latham d. & Cridland Rd.
- August 13: Greensboro Concert Band (classical, pops)
6:30 pm, Lindley Park, Starmount Drive at W. Market Street and Wendover Avenue
- August 20: Warren, Bodle and Allen (folk) and The Radials (Americana, country) 6 pm, Country Park Shelter 7, Park in Jaycee Park Parking Lot
- August 27: Benjy Johnson and Tres Diablos (blues, rock) and doby (folk) 6 pm, LeBauer Park, 208 N. Davie St.
Bring a picnic, family, friends, and your four-legged friend (on a leash). Sit back, relax, and enjoy!