GREENSBORO, NC -- In honor of National Museum Week later this month, the Good Morning Show team is getting a head start on featuring some of the fantastic (free) museums located here in the Triad.
Tuesday, WFMY News 2's Meghann Mollerus stopped by Weatherspoon Art Museum, located in the heart of the UNCG campus since 1941.
The museum's motto is 'free admission, free parking and free thinking.' In 2014, BuzzFeed put Weatherspoon on its list of 'best hidden gems in the world!' The museum features six galleries, a sculpture garden, 6,300 pieces and several seminars and social events throughout the year.
Since there is no cost to guests, the museum depends on university funding and private donations.
Weatherspoon is located at the corner of Tate and Spring Garden Streets in Greensboro and is open six days a week.
- Tue, Wed & Fri 10am-5pm
- Thu 10am-9pm
- Sat & Sun 1pm-5pm
- Closed Mondays
- James Marshall: Articulate
- August 22, 2016 – July 1, 2017
- Affinities & Variations
- February 11, 2017 – August 6, 2017
- The Weatherspoon Art Museum is one of the leading collections of 20th and 21st century American art in the Southeast.
- 2017 Annual Members Meeting + Party
- May 3, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Noon @ the 'Spoon Public Tour: "2017 MFA Exhibition"
- May 9, 12 pm - 12:20 pm