GREENSBORO, NC -- Pet Appreciation Week is celebrated June 4-10, and what better way to show how much you appreciate your pet, than with a picture! Lela Phan and Bianca Bratcher from Camp Bow Wow Greensboro joined Tracey McCain on the Good Morning Show with Wally, who is up for adoption at Camp Bow Wow, to share tips on taking selfie with pets.
BEFORE THE PICTURE:
- Since our furry family members tend to not stay still as long for photos, an exercise session prior to the selfie session would be beneficial and help them relax!
- Utilize any tools you need to make the selfie process easier: selfie stick, timer and camera stand, squeaky toy attached to phone/camera – let your pet sniff these out before your selfie session so they aren’t new or scary.
- Use treats or their favorite toy, your voice and praise, and pets to guide them into place and reward them for doing a great job.
- Always think “safety first!”
- Ensure your pet is in an enclosed, safe space and leashed if outdoors.
- Do not force your pet into a particular position (close to your face, in your arms, etc.).
- Remove the flash from your shot (if this was an option) since the bright light can cause alarm in some pets.
- Determine what pose you’re going for in advance! There are several tricks that look great on camera with you such as playing dead, waving, sitting up, smiling, and more!
- Be patient with your pet. It may take a few shots to get your pet settled and able to maintain focus to get your special shot.
- If you’re trying to get a group shot, organize the people first, then the pets.
- Take many shots at once so you can choose the best one!
For more information on Camp Bow Wow in Greensboro, call (336) 323-3133 or click here.
About Camp Bow Wow®:
The Camp concept provides the highest levels of fun, safety and service for its Campers, and peace of mind for their parents. Dogs romp together in an open-play environment and pricing is all-inclusive.
Stay connected 24/7 via WFMY News 2