Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered a concussion in Sunday's loss to the Atlanta Falcons, the team confirmed.
Newton went to the locker room in the fourth quarter after taking a hard hit from Falcons linebacker Deion Jones on a two-point conversion attempt.
Derek Anderson took over for the Panthers in the fourth quarter.
Newton now will have to go through the NFL's concussion protocol before he can be cleared to return to action. The Panthers' next contest is a Monday night game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Newton completed 14 of 25 passes for a touchdown and no interceptions before leaving the game.
READ MORE: Falcons Beat Panthers 48-33
In other Week 4 injury news:
- Denver Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian was carted off with a left shoulder injury.
- Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis suffered a hamstring injury and did not return.
- Washington Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan suffered an elbow injury and did not return. Fellow linebacker Su'a Cravens was evaluated for a concussion.
- Chicago Bears wide receiver Kevin White suffered an ankle injury and did not return.
- New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was sidelined with a thigh injury in the fourth quarter against the Seattle Seahawks.