We're joined in the WFMY News 2 Kitchen by Bonefish Grill. On the menu today: Filet Oscar and Grilled Cobia topped with Mango Salsa. Enjoy!
- 2 each 6 oz. Filet Mignons
- 3 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 Spritz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus, Trimmed
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 each 6-oz. package Béarnaise Sauce Mix
- Whole Milk
- 1/2 LB Butter
- 1/2 LB Crabmeat
- Fire up the grill to 400°F.
- Place the steaks on a flat tray.
- Combine the sea salt and black pepper in a small mixing bowl, mix well.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper. Ensure the steaks have been evenly coated.
- Spray the hot grill with extra virgin olive oil. Spray the steaks as well.
- Place the steaks on the grill at 2 o’clock position and cook 3-4 minutes. Use a spatula to rotate the steaks to 10 o’clock position. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the steaks over carefully and repeat step 6 until steaks are cooked to the desired temperature.
- Coat asparagus lightly with extra virgin olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus on the grill for 3-4 minutes until they have a light char.
- Prepare béarnaise sauce according to package with whole milk and butter.
- Combine half stick of butter and the crabmeat in a small saucepan and simmer until warm.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate. Place half of the warm crabmeat and asparagus over each steak. Top each steak with béarnaise sauce and serve with your favorite sides.
Grilled Cobia topped with Mango Salsa
- 2 each 7 oz. Cobia Fillets
- Desired amount of Mango Salsa (recipe below)
- Fire up the grill to 400°F.
- Lightly season the Cobia fillets with salt and pepper.
- Spray the hot grill with extra virgin olive oil. Spray the fish as well.
- Place the fish on the grill at 2 o’clock position and cook 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to rotate the fish to 10 o’clock position. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the fish over carefully and repeat step 3 until cooked.
- Top each fillet with desired amount of Mango Salsa (see recipe below).
- Serve and enjoy.
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Ripe Mango - diced (1/4” x 1/4“)
- ¼ Cup Red Bell Peppers - diced (1/8” x 1/8”)
- ½ Cup Red Onions - diced (1/4” x 1/4”)
- 2 Tbsps. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Mango Salsa Directions:
- Peel and dice Red Onion (1/4”X1/4”).
- Peel, seed, and dice Mango (1/4”X1/4”).
- Stem, seed, and dice Red Bell Peppers (1/8” x 1/8”).
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon ingredients into aluminum foil and gather the foil at the top to create a pouch.
- Place foil on the grill while grilling the fillets.
- Carefully remove foil from the grill with a pair of tongs, as it will be hot!!
Carefully open the foil with a sharp knife; be careful, as hot steam will escape foil pouch when opening. Use while warm by spooning dollops over Cobia fillets.
Fresh Blackberry Smash
- Fresh Blackberries - 3 ea.
- Mint Leaves - 2 ea.
- Lemon Wedge - 2 ea.
- Blackberry Flavored Syrup - .75 oz.
- Coconut Water - 2 oz.
- Soda Water - 1.5 oz. (top with)
- Tear the mint leaves in half and drop into mixing glass, squeeze and the two lemon wedges and add the three blackberries.
- Add the blackberry flavored syrup to the mixing glass, pack with ice and add remaining ingredients.
- Shake 10x and pour into serving glass and top with soda water.
Copyright 2017 WFMY