Firebirds is demonstrating their Grilled Shrimp and Strawberry Salad as well as their Beef Filet Kabob on the Good Morning Show Saturday.
If you'd like to try them out, they're located at: 1215 Creekshire Way, Winston-Salem, NC 27103. Their phone number is (336) 659-3973.
Beef Filet Kabob
2- 8 oz. Filets – cut into 1 ounce medallions
Montreal steak season
1- Yellow Squash, cut into ½ round slices
1- Zucchini Squash, cut into ½ round slices
1- Button Mushrooms
1- Red Bell Pepper, cored and cut into 1 1/2” pieces
1- Red Onion – cut into 1 1/2” pieces
1-Tomato – washed, cored and cut into wedges
Parsley - Chopped
4 – Wooden Skewers
Soak skewers prior to grilling to prevent them from burning on the grill. Cut all ingredients as directed. Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium/high temperature. Thread the filet medallions onto the skewers (8 each). Season generously with the Montreal steak seasoning and place on the grill. Grill to desired temperature, approximately 5-6 minutes for medium with a light pick center. Thread the vegetables on a separate skewer alternating, mushroom, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, red pepper and tomato. Season generously with Montreal steak seasoning. Mushrooms will be on each end of the skewer. Cook vegetables on grill until lightly charred all over, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Place filet and vegetables on a plate and remove skewers. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, garnish with Cilantro spring and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes.
Grilled Shrimp and Strawberry Salad
6 Large Shrimp
Firebirds Steak Seasoning (as needed)
4 cups Mixed Greens
1/3 cup Jicama
1/3 cup Spiced Pecans (recipe follows)
¾ Cup Sliced Strawberries
¼ cup Goat Cheese Crumbles
3 oz. Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (we make ours in fresh in house and it’s a secret but feel free to use your favorite recipe or store bought version)
- Clean, devein and remove tails from shrimp
- Thread skewer with shrimp (if using a wooden skewer, let soak in water for 10 minutes prior to prevent burning on the grill)
- Sprinkle shrimp with Firebirds Steak Seasoning on both sides
- Place shrimp skewer on the grill until done (roughly 3 minutes per side) Shrimp should be pink throughout
- While Shrimp is grilling, toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl including the balsamic dressing
- Remove shrimp from grill and skewers, place on top of the salad
- Serve with on plate with a chilled fork
© 2018 WFMY-TV