Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is coming on the Good Morning Show on Sunday! They're making Steak Frites and Pineapple Chicken.
If you'd like to check out the restaurant, they're located at 1215 Creekshire Way in Winston-Salem. You can also give them a call at (336) 659-3973.
Firebirds is teaming up with Goodwill for a golf tournament on May 4th at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons. Proceeds from the event will be used to support Goodwill's Outreach Scholarship Fund. The fund help provide financial assistance and other resources to program participants. You can find more information on the tournament here.
10oz Flat Iron Steak
2 Tbsp. Garlic Parsley Butter
Freshly Fried French Fries
1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan
- Tenderize or jaccard the Flat Iron Steak
- Season the steak and place on the grill and cook until desired temperature
- Slice the steak into 8 slices
- Top with 1 ½ Tbsp. garlic parsley butter
- Drizzle French fries 1 ½ Tsp. garlic parsley butter and add grated parmesan cheese
Garlic Parsley Butter
3 Tbsp. Melted Butter
1 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic
1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
Pinch of Steak Seasoning
- Puree roasted garlic
- Combine the melted butter, roasted garlic puree and steak seasoning in a pot and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add parsley (in planning on saving the remaining garlic parsley butter, way to add parsley until ready to use)
2 – 6 oz. Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp. – Citrus Spice
1/2 cup – Pineapple Salsa (Recipe below)
Cilantro – for garnish
Pre heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill or grill pan prior to grilling. Lightly season the chicken breasts with the citrus seasoning and grill for approximately turning until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from grill, top with pineapple salsa and garnish with cilantro sprig.
½ cup – Pineapple - diced
2 Tbsp. – Red onion – diced
¼ cup – Red pepper – diced
1 Tsp. – Jalapeno – minced
2 Tbsp. – Cilantro – chopped
1 Tbsp. – Fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. – Fresh orange juice
1/4 tsp. – Creole spice
1/2 Tbsp. – Honey
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Copyright 2017 WFMY