LongHorn Steakhouse’s Steakhouse Burger
From the Executive Chefs at LongHorn Steakhouse
· 4 half-pound burgers (75/25)
· 4 slices of white cheddar cheese
· 4 brioche burger buns
· 1 large tomato, sliced
· 1 red onion, sliced into rounds
· 2 tablespoons of butter
· 12 pickle slices
· Clean and oil your grill grates with cooking spray, close the grill lid and heat to 550 degrees F.
· If you didn’t purchase your burger patties already formed, form the meat into four equal sized half-pound patties, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
· Place burgers on grill and cook to your liking.
· Spread butter on both sides of burger buns evenly (optional). Place on grill for one minute.
· In final minute of grilling, top each burger with sliced Vermont white cheddar cheese.
· Remove burgers and buns from grill.
· Place perfectly grilled burger on bun, cheese side up, then top with lettuce, tomato slices, red onion slices, pickles or any of your favorite toppings.
Recipe serves four.
Hickory Salt Crusted Filet
Inspired by LongHorn Steakhouse
· 4 ea. 8 oz. beef tenderloin filets
· 1 cup of hickory salt
· 1 stick of salted butter
· 2 cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Clean and oil your grill, heat to 550 degrees.
- Season steaks generously with hickory salt by pressing into the meat on both sides.
- Place seasoned steaks on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until desired degree of doneness has been reached. Make quarter turns to get diamond marks.
· While the steaks are grilling, soften butter at room temperature in a small mixing bowl for 10 minutes.
· Once softened add the garlic and lemon juice. Use a fork to blend the ingredients together. Hold for service.
· Remove steaks from grill.
· Top warm steaks with softened garlic butter.
Recipe serves four.
Degrees of Doneness:
· Rare: 95-105 degrees. Cool red center.
· Medium Rare: 115-125 degrees. Warm red center with a hint of pink.
· Medium: 130-140 degrees. Warm pink center.
· Medium Well: 150-160 degrees. Some pink in the center.
· Well: 165-175 degrees. No pink, cooked all the way through.
Copyright 2017 WFMY