Honey Salmon in Foil
¼ cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 lbs. salmon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Place salmon onto prepared baking sheet and fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Spoon the honey mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely and sealing the packet closed.
4. Place into oven and bake until cooked thoroughly, about 15-20 minutes.*
5. Serve immediately.
*Baking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of the salmon.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 244, fat: 10.4g
3 cups assorted greens
2 navel oranges, peeled and separated into sections
½ cup thinly sliced celery
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup Splenda
2 tsp. olive or canola oil
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
1. Combine greens, orange sections, celery, and green onions in a large bowl.
2. Combine vinegar, Splenda, and oil in a small mixing bowl; stir until well blended, and drizzle over greens.
3. To serve, place greens on a serving plate and garnish with 1 Tbsp. of almonds over each salad. Serve immediately.
Notes: A light and refreshing salad that provide a good source of fiber. Sealed bags of salad greens may be used. Mandarin oranges may also be substituted for the navel oranges.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 123, fat: 7g
Use of trade names does not imply endorsement by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension of the products named nor criticism of similar products not mentioned.
For more information contact:
Geissler Baker, M.Ed.
Extension Agent, Family & Consumer Sciences
3309 Burlington Rd., Greensboro, NC 27405
Phone: 336-375-5876 / Fax: 336-375-2295
2014– Good Morning Show