GREENSBORO -- In my continued search to save you time and money, today we protect your wallet from seasonal mark-ups. Below you'll find my list of the best and worst July Buys. Want more deals? Follow @MattGranite On Twitter.
5 Things Not To Buy!
1. GPS Units. Why? With more people using apps on their smartphones, and the remaining in-store units in high demand for summer road trips, there are barely any deals to be found.
2. Outdoor Lights. Why? Mark-downs do not come until very late in the year as patio and outdoor lighting is a popular purchase until October.
3. Televisions. Why? Brand-name TV's are an awful purchase until late October, when we inch closer to Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. There are a few 39", and 40" TV deals that will drop this month and I'll Tweet them when that's the case.
4. School Supplies. Why? Technically these deals drop in July but it's the very last week of July as we move in to August. My word of advice is not to completely avoid this purchase in July but instead wait until the last few days of the month. I'll have those deals on our-air and online.
5. Headphones. Why? It's not that these are a terrible purchase in July but better deals will appear in August as retailers lower their fees for last-minute back to school promotions.
5 Best Purchases:
40% Off Appliance Super Buys - 4th Of July Sale Now On!
Why? Appliance deals this week are only about 6% higher than what we see Black Friday (the best time of the year to buy).
40% Off Furniture - 4th Of July Sale Now On!
Why? Next to Labor Day and Memorial, this is a prime time to beautify your home with furniture bargains.
20% Off Grills + Extra Reductions And Bonus Discounts
Why? This is officially the end of the grilling season as far as retailers are concerned. Make your move while stock is high.
$130 Off Laptop Bundles + Free Shipping
Why? Back To School promotions are all released in July. Now is a great time to stock up.
25% - 50% Off Patio Furniture - 4th Of July Sale Now On!
Why? Similar to grills, this is the end of the patio shopping season as far as retailers are concerned and deals are hot!
We do not receive any financial compensation for flagging any company or deal. The only purpose of this series is to save you money.