Change Coming To Utility Bill Emergency Help Program

11:17 AM, Jun 9, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

High Point, NC -- Effective July 1, the Guilford County Department of Social Services will no longer take emergency assistance applications for residents seeking financial help with utility bills.

Instead, in Greater High Point, the approximately $400,000 for this purpose will be transferred to the Community Resource Network (CRN), a consortium of seven organizations working together to help people in need access resources in the High Point area. Four of these CRN organizations will be involved with this new process.

These changes will affect many in our community. As summer weather heats up and more households struggle with difficult financial situations, the Community Resource Network needs your help in making the public aware of this major change. The agencies of the CRN and the Department of Social Services urge you to learn more about emergency utility assistance in the Greater High Point area, and help us spread the word.

Information From Public Flyer:

Effective July 1, 2011, the following changes will occur, regarding Emergency Assistance Funds within Guilford County:

Crisis Intervention Program–CIP Applications for temporary assistance with heating & cooling will no longer be taken & processed at either of the Guilford County Department of Social Services locations. (1203 Maple St-Greensboro / 325 E. Russell Ave-HP)

To apply for heating or cooling assistance:
Greensboro residents must go to:
Salvation Army Center of Hope, 1311 S. Eugene St, Greensboro, NC-- (336) 235-0368

High Point/Jamestown residents must go to:
*For those who reside East of Main St. or in Jamestown:

-- Open Door Ministries, 400 Centennial St, High Point, NC–(336) 885-0191

-- Helping Hands, 1919 Surrett Dr, High Point, NC–(336) 886-2327

*For those who reside West of Main St.:

-- The Salvation Army, 301 W Green St, High Point, NC–(336) 881-5400

-- West End Ministries, 903 English Rd, High Point, NC–(336) 884-1105

*HP/Jamestown residents may call Open Door Ministries with questions regarding the appropriate agency for their residence.*

Also effective July 1, 2011, County Financial Assistance–CFA (rental deposits, rent & water bills), will no longer be available at either of the Guilford County Department of Social Services locations.

WFMY News 2

Most Watched Videos