Alamance County, NC -- Students attending Broadview Middle and Cummings High will observe modified schedules on Tuesday, September 25 as work continues on the broken water pipe that led to the shutdown of electrical and water service to the joint campus today. Electrical and water services were restored to the Broadview campus this afternoon, but work on the Cummings facilities is ongoing. After-school activities and athletics for Broadview will be cancelled until further notice and rescheduled at a later date.
On Tuesday, September 25, both schools will utilize the facilities at Broadview with middle school students attending classes tomorrow morning from 8:10 a.m. until 11:40 a.m. After the middle school students depart, Cummings students will arrive at 12 noon and attend class until 3:30 p.m., utilizing classrooms in the Broadview building until the electricity and water services can be restored to the high school structure. Cummings' athletics and afterschool activities will continue as usual.
Students at both schools will attend class on Saturday, September 29 to make up the missed day of school Monday.
Classes will dismiss 2 hours earlier than usual on Saturday.
Modified Schedule Details for Tuesday, September 25
• Schedule for Broadview is 8:10 - 11:40
• Broadview bus riders - be at bus stop at the regular time
• Breakfast will be served
• Bag lunch will be served during second block
• Buses load and depart campus between 11:40 and 12:00 noon
• All middle school after school activities (athletics, tutoring, etc.) are cancelled
• Schedule for Cummings HS is 12:00 noon - 3:30
• Cummings bus riders - be at bus stop three hours, 15 minutes later than usual
• Cummings students should assemble on the Cummings campus in front of the school upon arrival - including those arriving in cars; students may also enter the auditorium upon arrival
• CTEC students - whether scheduled for morning or afternoon classes - will board the activity bus in front of the school and depart for CTEC at 11:50 a.m.
• Students attending Graham HS for CTE courses first and second period will remain at Cummings HS
• Cummings students will enter Broadview Middle School at 11:55 and proceed to their first period classroom, as assigned.
• Bag lunches will be served to all students during first block as scheduled by Mr. Alexander
• Students who normally have early dismissal fourth block will leave at 1:55
• After school activities will go on as normal based on instructions from Mr. Alexander
Please note: Students who attend centralized programs as part of the Exceptional Children programming for the school zone will attend school on their regular hours, for a full day. This includes students from both Broadview and Cummings.
Alamance-Burlington School System