Cigarette Cause Of Burlington Apartment Fire

7:44 AM, Nov 27, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Burlington, NC -- Several people were displaced in a fire at a Burlington condominium complex Monday night that was started by a single cigarette, according to Burlington Fire Marshall Mike Willets.

Crews were dispatched to the Oakgrove Crossing Condominium's at 7:59 p.m. on a two-alarm fire. It took firefighters about an hour to put out the flames.

All residents were able leave the apartment safely. The Red Cross was on scene Monday night helping displaced residents with food and shelter. 

Two firefighters suffered minor injuries on the scene, Willets told News 2. One hurt his hand, patched it up and went back to work. The other suffered a "heat-related illness" and was taken, via non-emergency, to Alamance Regional just for evaluation.

Burlington Fire

Most Watched Videos