4 Children, 3 Adults Sent To Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Exposure At W-S Church

8:21 PM, Dec 6, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Winston-Salem, NC-- Several people, including children, were treated last night for carbon monoxide poisoning while at church.

According to the Winston-Salem Fire Department, they received a call around 5:41pm about hazardous materials that was making people in the building feel sick.

The call was to Oak Grove Moravian Church on Hammock Farm Road.

An Investigation by fire crews revealed elevated carbon monoxide levels from a malfunctioning furnace. Crews evacuated the building and cut off gas to the building.

Four children and three adults were transported to local hospitals for further evaluation.





Read: Man Charged In Winston-Salem Bus Accident

Watch: Hunters Find 2 Bodies Believed To Be Missing Iowa Cousins

Read: Penn State Chi Omega Chapter Apologizes For Racist Sorority Photo

Read: Lexington Traffic Stop Ends With Sex Offense Charges

Gallery: 2012 Greensboro Jaycees Holiday Parade

Read: NFL Rule Change: No More Kickoffs?

Watch: Sick Girl In Mexico For Treatment, Father Says She Is Safe

7 Day Forecast




Most Watched Videos