Dewey's Bakery stopped by the Good Morning Show Friday with some holiday treats. You can find more of their goodies on their website.
Marketing Manager Maggie Sartin supplied the recipes for the baking segments:
Moravian Sugar Cake Bread Pudding
- 2 12-ounce Moravian sugar cakes, cut into cubes (24 ounces total)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- Caramel sauce, warmed (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Chocolate Moravian Cookies With Goat Cheese And Hot Pepper Jelly:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cubed sugar cake with the melted butter. Mix. In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, eggs and cream. Add the liquid mixture to the large bowl containing sugar cake and butter.
- Soak for at least one hour in the refrigerator, best if overnight.
- Separate the mixture into six individual, oven-safe ramekin dishes and bake 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve hot. Top with warm caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
Top each cookie with goats cheese and add hot pepper jelly. The rich chocolate flavor, tangy goat cheese and spicy jelly combine to make a delicious flavor profile.
Chocolate Moravian Cookies With Peppermint Stick Ice Cream:
Scoop ice cream onto a cookie, then top with another cookie. Roll the edges in sprinkles for a festive party-sized dessert.
WFMY News 2