LIVE VIDEO: News 2 at 6 pm    Watch
 

Unattended Cooking Causes Fire In Danville

8:23 AM, Jan 30, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Danville, VA - Firefighters in Danville responded to an early morning structure fire Wednesday in the 800 block of Claiborne St.

Danville Fire Dept. said that they were called shortly after 3 am and found a moderate amount of smoke coming from the kitchen inside the home. They quickly extinguished a fire on the stovetop, which spread to the cabinets.

Firefighters said they removed the oven and cabinets from the home. The kitchen suffered minor smoke damage, but they didn't report any other damages. 

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking. The Red Cross in Danville is helping a man and his 10-year-old son find alternative housing. 

Fire crews were on the scene for an hour.

Most Watched Videos