Greensboro, NC - In the Triad alone, the federal government has shut down two multi-million dollar ponzi schemes, One has resulted in charges against a Graham Man. The other, Zeek Rewards, is still under investigtion.
2 Wants to Know (2WTK) found some tips to help you avoid becoming a victim and losing your life savings in these types of schemes.
- First the North Carolina Secretary of State's office says we should all be skeptical of deals that can't be checked out in person.
- Also beware of promoters who say it's too technical. They should be able to provide clear and detailed explanations in layman's terms.
- You can always check out a person's background. All it takes is a quick call to the Secretary of State's office and you can find out if someone is legally allowed to sell securities in North Carolina and if any complaints have been filed against them. That number is 1-800-688-4507.
- Do your research and verify a person's claims! If you find out their claims aren't true, don't sign on the dotted line.
- Resist pressure to re-invest before you see your profits. If you can't cash in your gains, you should be suspicious.
- And of course: Beware of guaranteed profits. Any legitimate investment involves a degree of risk.