Firefighters: Unattended Food Caused $10K Of Damage To Home In Winston-Salem

8:02 AM, Jun 24, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Winston-Salem, NC -- The Winston-Salem Fire Department says fire caused by unattended food on a stove created about $10,000 of damage for a home.

Firefighters arrived four minutes after they were called to a home in the 1000 block of East Brookline Street at 3:45 pm Saturday. They said that no smoke was seen from outside the home, but they found a smoke-filled kitchen when they went inside.

First responders extinguished the fire and had the situation under control by 3:55 pm, according to the fire department. 

Firefighters said one adult and four children were displaced by the fire. Red Cross went to the home to help.


Most Watched Videos