GREENSBORO, N.C. -- A gas leak was reported at Smith High School in Greensboro on Wednesday.
The Greensboro Fire Department says the students are safe.
Workers hit a small pipe in the parking lot in the morning, prompting the school to evacuate to a nearby stadium, according to the fire department.
Piedmont Natural Gas was called to the leak in addition to the police and fire departments. They controlled the leak controlled around 10 a.m.
The fire department said no injuries were reported and there are no hazardous threats to the school or nearby neighborhoods.
As of 10:15 a.m. the fire department reported that students were moving back into the building.