LEXINGTON, N.C. -- The family of the 11-year-old girl electrocuted at a pool last summer is suing the city of Lexington.
An attorney filed the lawsuit Monday on behalf of Lauren Cecil's parents.
On July 16, a power line snapped near the pool where a team was practicing at Brookside Swim Club. Lifeguards told the four to six swimmers who were in the pool to get out.
Lauren used the ladder to get out of the pool and was electrocuted. Lifeguards and several others also received a shock while they tried to help her.
Lauren's mother witnessed the accident.
Full Coverage: Lauren Cecil Electrocuted At Pool
Davidson County Fire Marshal Brad Needham told WFMY News 2 in July that a failed "side by side connecter" caused the incident. He said the connecter brings two per lines together. When that failed, he said, the lines dropped to the ground.