The Charlotte Division of the FBI and local police departments are looking for a man they call the 'Ball Cap Bandit'.
The bandit is accused of robbing five banks across the state, including two locations in the Triad:
- BB&T, 2527 North Carolina Highway 127 S., Hickory on April 13, 2017
- State Employees’ Credit Union, 1900 S. Fifth Street, Mebane on April 18, 2017
- BB&T, Yadkinville Road, Mocksville on April 24, 2017
- First Citizens Bank, 11 S. College Avenue, Newton on April 26, 2017
- State Employees' Credit Union, 3810 Ben Franklin Blvd, Durham on April 28, 2017
Police and FBI are calling the man the 'Ball Cap Bandit' because in each robbery the suspect has worn a ball cap.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now.
Anyone with information to identify this suspect should call the FBI at 704-672-6100 or the other local police departments investigating these robberies.
Copyright 2017 WFMY