There may be no such thing as a free lunch, but there is free breakfast, coffee, and admission into national parks and museums!
You can get a free breakfast sandwich at America's favorite fast-food restaurant when you download the Chick-fil-A app by Sept. 10. The offer is open to patrons who are at least 13 years old and who both download or update the app, and create a Chick-fil-A One Account through the app.
Freebie choices include:
Egg White Grill
Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuit
NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY
Happy birthday to the National Park Service, which turns 100 this year! In honor of this historic event, the service is offering free admission to national parks on various days throughout the year. One of those days is Sept. 24, National Public Lands Day.
Chances are good that you splurged on family fun at some point during the summer. So, go ahead and give your wallet a break during the fall by enjoying some no-cost free time with the kiddos -- or even a quiet day by yourself.
On Sept. 24, you can visit museums across the country for free as part of Smithsonian magazine's Museum Day Live! campaign. Visit the Smithsonian website to find participating museums and print out a ticket for two free admissions.
COFFEE, BECAUSE COFFEE
As temperatures fall, the desire for a warm cup of joe rises. On Sept. 29, celebrate National Coffee Day with a free or reduced-price cup of coffee at coffee shops nationwide.
Most shops have not yet announced their deals. We will post a story with a roundup of all the best offers closer to the magic day. In past years, Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Caribou and many others have offered food and drink deals on this day.
EAT YOUR WAY THROUGH SEPTEMBER FOR FREE
- Rubio's is giving away a free taco to educators on Sept. 8, for their Teacher Appreciation Day. Teachers must show a school ID or business card to be eligible.
- Chick-fil-A is offering a free breakfast sandwich through Sept. 30. Customers must have a Chick-fil-A account or download the app and create a new account by Sept. 10 to receive the free breakfast. Options available are a Chicken Biscuit, three-count Chick-n-Minis or the new Egg White Grill.
- Take the kids to Chipotle where they can enjoy a free meal every Sunday in September. Children must be under 12 and the free meal comes with the purchase of a burrito, bowl, tacos or salad. The kid's meal even comes with a free activity sheet.
- Students in the family can get a free fountain drink or iced tea at Chipotle through September. The offer is good with a student ID and purchase of an entree.
- Kids can eat a free dinner every night at IHOP through Sept. 25. The little ones can enjoy dishes like Jr. chicken and waffles and cheese pizza from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. with the purchase of an adult entree.
- Do your kids love pancakes? Take them to Denny's to chow down on it's all-new pancakes for free. The diner is offering "Free Pancakes for Kids" the whole month of September. The catch is, you have to make it in between 4-10 p.m. Kids also have to be under 10 years old.
- Start planning ahead because Sept. 29 is National Coffee Day! Last year, Dunkin' Donuts offered free coffee while Krispy Kreme offered free coffee AND a free doughnut. So stay tuned for the 2016 giveaways.
- Have a September birthday? There are lots of places you can enjoy a free birthday treat.
Copyright 2016 WFMY