What You Can Do If Store Closes And You Have a Gift Card

When a business shuts its doors, it's supposed to give the NC Department of Revenue the names of people who have outstanding gift certificates -- and enough money to cover 60% of their value.

Here's how you can collect:

call 919-508-1000 or

go online to the state's unclaimed money department and see if you can collect. It's a bit of a long shot but definitely worth checking.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment