75-Year-Old NC Man Dies After Accidentally Lighting Self On Fire, Deputies Say

Deputies are investigating a fatal fire that took place Sunday morning.

UNION COUNTY, N.C. -- Union County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal fire that took place Sunday morning.

First responders responded to a call of a fatal fire in the 6000 block of Wolf Pond road in Monroe. Deputies say 75-year-old Chester Eubanks was attempting to light a wood stove in the shed using a flammable liquid.

Eubanks accidentally spilled some of the flammable liquid on himself before suffering fatal injuries from the fire, according to deputies.

 

Deputies ruled Eubanks' death as accidental.

Follow WFMY News 2 on Facebook and Twitter

► Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now

© 2017 WCNC.COM


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS