GREENSBORO, NC -- Halloween doesn’t have to scare your bank account when it comes to costumes or decorations.
More than 171 million Americans plan to celebrate Halloween this year with the average person spending $82.93 on the holiday. But what if we told you that you can get a costume for less than $10?
We’re talking about DIY Halloween or Do-It-Yourself costumes on the cheap. That means taking a trip to a Triad Goodwill store.
Check It Out: Triad Goodwill Costume Ideas And More Halloween Fun
When it comes to kids costumes you need to know one thing – the Princess costume has been dethroned for the first time in 11 years. The most popular outfit according to the National Retail Federation is an Action/Superhero.
Now your kid probably won’t be the only one dressed as a superhero, in fact up to three million will have on that cape or shield! Not only that, but 2.9 million kids will dress as their favorite princess.
3. Animal (Cat, Dog, Lion, Monkey, etc.)
4. Batman Character
5. Star Wars Character
6. Tie: Witch AND DC Superhero (excl. Batman)
7. Frozen Character (Anna, Elsa, Olaf)
8. Marvel Superhero (excl. Spiderman)
1. Batman Character (Batman, Harley Quinn, The Joker, etc.)
3. Animal (Cat, Dog, Bunny, etc.)
4. Tie: Marvel Superhero (Deadpool, Spiderman, etc.) AND DC Superhero (Wonder Woman, Superman, excl. Batman)
6. Video Game Character
7. Slasher Movie Villain (Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, etc.)
9. Star Wars Character
3. Political (Trump, Clinton, etc.)
5. Batman Character (Batman, Catwoman, etc.)
6. Animal (Cat, Dog, Bunny, etc.)
7. Tie: DC Superhero (Superman, Wonder Woman, excl. Batman) and Star Wars Character
8. Tie: Ghost and Zombie
9. Scary Costume/Mask
10. Marvel Superhero (Iron Man, Hulk, Spiderman, etc.)
Copyright 2016 WFMY