GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The Good Morning Show's Tom Garcia is giving you a refresher on all things grilling safety before the July 4th holiday.
Tom says checking for gas leaks in your gas grill is critical to make sure you don't have a flareup. Where you put your grill is also important. You need to make sure your grill is at least 10 feet off the wall and there is no overhanging vegetation that could catch on fire.
Here are more tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.