GREENSBORO, N.C. - You can spend your Thanksgiving holiday giving back to the community and helping those in need.
Here's a list of some volunteer opportunities across the Triad:
- Open Door Ministries is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community's needy and less fortunate individuals and families. Volunteers are needed to help serve those in need in High Point.If you would like to volunteer as an individual, as a family, or as an organization, call (336) 885-0191.
- Triad Live is a non-profit geared towards uplifting communities and helping families in High Point. Volunteers are need to help cook and serve meals to the homeless on Thanksgiving Day from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at United House of Grace & Mercy Church. If you would like to volunteer, call (336) 491-8055.
- Allied Churches of Alamance County provides housing and food for the homeless. Volunteers are needed year-round for everything, from filing papers, phone calls, food pick up, and stocking shelves in the food pantry. If you would like to volunteer, call (336)229-0881 ext. 103.
- Winston-Salem Rescue Mission is a Christian, non-denominational service ministry that focuses on meeting the needs of hurting people in the Triad area. There are many special projects available during the year for organizations and larger groups.Please call (336) 723-1848, ext. 116 for a list of volunteer opportunities.
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen of Asheboro provides meals to the homeless. You can get involved year-round. Opportunities vary, but the greatest need is in preparing mailings for "Our Daily Bread" and other resources. For more information, call (336) 626-2563.
Copyright 2017 WFMY