RAMSEUR, N.C. -- Millstone Creek Orchards in Ramseur is having such a great harvest, they are giving away free blackberries! Everyday during business hours anyone can go and pick one pound of blackberries for free.
Millstone Creek Orchards is located at 506 Parks Crossroads Church Rd. and is open 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. They are also open 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Of course you will need a great blackberry recipe to make. Here's one for Blackberry Wine Cake.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 box of blackberry Jell-O (or black cherry Jell-O)
- ½ Cup oil
- 4 eggs (5 if eggs appear small)
- 1 Cup blackberry wine
- 1/4 Cup chopped pecans (for bottom of pan
- Preheat oven to 350˙F
- Grease and flour bundt pan
- Place chopped pecans in bottom of pan
- Slightly mix eggs until thoroughly combined, add oil and combine until oil is incorporated with eggs. Add wine. Beat on low until combined with egg mixture
- Add cake mix and Jell-O, beat about 2 minutes, scraping sides and bottom and working mixture against sides to remove as many lumps as possible
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake cake for 60 minutes
- Have glaze ready to pour when the cake come out of the oven. Pour glaze around the edges and center of cake. (Works out to about ¾ cup for the edges and a little less than ¼ cup for the center)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick)
- ½ cup blackberry wine
- Melt butter in sauce pan and remove from heat
- Add powdered sugar and blackberry wine
Click here for more information.
Copyright 2017 WFMY