With more than 150 cars being donated each year, it takes a crew of volunteers with different skill sets to run the operations smoothly.
Approximately 90-100 cars are assessed and worked on in a calendar year, some of which are sold to raise more funds, with the remaining vehicles sold to recipients.
With the influx in car donations there are many different types of volunteer opportunities available. Some of the organization’s most immediate needs include:
• Mechanics - assess the vehicle with the 123-item checklist and make repairs; the mechanics also educate the new recipient on how to care for their car.
• Car Runners - pick up donated cars, drive cars to/from partner garages.
• Vehicle Assessors - assess donated vehicles following a check list and drive them to the state inspection location.
• Salesperson - volunteers to price the cars for public sale, show those intended for public sale (to raise money for more cars) and maintain the advertising on the website and other sales sites
• Administrative - data entry, receptionist, filing.
If you would like to learn more about volunteer opportunities with Wheels4Hope or to sign up as a volunteer, visit http://www.wheels4hope.org/volunteer.
Stay connected 24/7 via WFMY News 2
For News Tips: email@example.com or 336-379-9316
Pictures and Videos: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2016 WFMY