Family Of Man Who Died After Swallowing Bag Of Cocaine Urging Others To Get Help

BURLINGTON, N.C. -- The family of a man who overdosed on cocaine and died is calling his death a tragic mistake. 

Burlington Police say Andrew Obrian Bradley swallowed a bag of cocaine during a traffic stop in Gibsonville on Thursday night. Police say Bradley and the driver he was with, Quendrae Fuller, were both arrested for outstanding warrants. 

Bradley posted bond early Friday morning and went home. Police say that's when first responders were called to his home because of a possible overdose. 

According to the police report, Bradley told his family about the bag of cocaine he had swallowed. He also told them he believed it had torn inside him. 

Alamance County EMS transported Bradley to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. 

Now, Mr. Bradley's family is asking that a message of safety be shared with the community. They are warning against the consumption of narcotics as an effort to get out of trouble with law enforcement. 

RELATED: Heroin Addiction Resources And Recovery

Both Bradley's family and the Burlington Police Department want to urge people in similar situations to get medical help immediately. 

The family says they want to make clear they do not believe Bradley's death was a suicide attempt, but rather a tragic mistake. 

Stay on top of News, Weather, Sports by downloading WFMY News 2 apps or signing up for our text alerts.

Get the WFMY News 2 Weather and News App

WFMY News 2 Weather iPhone App

WFMY News 2 Weather Android App

WFMY News 2 Android App

WFMY News 2 iPhone App

WFMY News 2 Text Alerts

Copyright 2016 WFMY


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS