Puppy Claws Hole In Sofa, Hides Inside to Survive House Fire in NC

When the Fairview Fire Department arrived, they rescued a dog from the home but had trouble locating a puppy. The puppy was later found unharmed inside the upholstery of a sofa.

APEX, N.C.--A puppy clawed a hole in a sofa and climbed inside the upholstery to escape a house fire in Apex Friday afternoon. Emergency crews responded to a house fire call around 1:45 p.m. in the 2800 block of Glastonbury Road.

When the Fairview Fire Department arrived, they rescued a dog from the home but had trouble locating a puppy.

That puppy was later found unharmed inside the upholstery of a sofa.

The firefighters had even moved the sofa when they were working the fire and the dog didn’t make any noise.

Follow WFMY News 2 on Facebook and Twitter

Oxygen had to be used on the first dog that was rescued.

The home sustained serious damage from the fire.

► Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now

© 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS