ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. -- A Burlington woman has been charged with financially exploiting her elderly mother and step-father.
The Alamance County Sheriff's Office says they charged Nicole Fairley, 44, of Burlington, Friday afternoon with the following charges:
· 2 counts of Exploitation of an Elderly Adult
· 2 counts of Identity Theft
· 1 count of Common Law Forgery
· 1 count of Accessing a Computer to Commit a Fraud
· 1 count of Obtaining a Financial Card by Fraud
· 1 count of Financial Card Fraud
In January, deputies said they received reports of Nicole exploiting her mother, who had recently had a stroke, along with her step-father.
After an investigation, deputies say Nicole got credit cards, utility services, and cash by forging signatures and the victims' information.
The total damage is estimated to be about $25,000.
Fairley is currently in Alamance County Jail under a $50,000 secured bond.