Weather Plays Role In Burlington Building Fire

BURLINGTON, N.C. – Burlington fire officials say no one was injured after weather played a role in a fire at a building Thursday night.

Chief Bailey told WFMY News 2 the fire happened around 8 p.m. at Sapa Extrusions on Industry Drive in Burlington. He believes the fire might have been caused by water getting into electrical wires from all the rain.

Bailey said four workers were in the building at the time of the fire and told fire crews they felt an explosion and immediately activated the fire alarm. They all made it out of the building safely.

When fire crews arrived to the scene, they said the fire was confined to large electrical boxes. Bailey said firefighters were on scene for more than two hours putting the fire out.

Damage to the building is estimated at $200,000. The building is expected to be out of service for a few days.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment