Worker Electrocuted At Elkin Elementary School

Man Electrocuted at Elkin Elementary School

ELKIN, NC - Emergency crews responded to Elkin Elementary School after they heard someone was electrocuted on Wednesday. 

According to the school, an electrician from Barker Electric was changing a light fixture when he was shocked and went into cardiac arrest. 

► Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now.

According to emergency officials, the man was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital and is now stable. 

The district maintenance supervisor, John Atemueller, said members of the school's custodial staff jumped in to help the worker. 

Copyright 2017 WFMY


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment