1-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Scalded In Bathtub

MATHEWS COUNTY, Va. (WVEC) -- A toddler has died after the child was found unresponsive in a bathtub at a home in Mathews County on Thursday. 

Medics were called to the 11100 block of John Clayton Memorial Highway around noon for the incident. 

Crews found the 1-year-old boy had been scalded in the bathtub.

The child died shortly after arriving at the hospital. 

The boy's mother told police the child had been left alone in the bathtub, and when she returned the hot water was running and the boy was face down in the tub. 

Mathews County Social Services was contacted and is jointly investigating the matter with the Mathews County Sheriff's Office.

Follow WFMY News 2 on Facebook and Twitter

► Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WFMY News 2 App now

© 2018 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS