RALEIGH, N.C. -- Nine people were killed in nine crashes on North Carolina roads over the Labor Day weekend, NC Highway Patrol reported.
According to Highway Patrol, the crashes happened at the following locations:
- NC56 0.9 miles west of Louisburg (Franklin County) (Sept. 3)
- US64 22 miles west of Manteo(Dare County) (Sept. 3)
- US64 4.4 miles west of Statesville (Iredell County) (Sept. 3)
- NC711 2.5 miles west of Lumberton (Robeson County) (Sept. 3)
- US178 12.8 miles from Brevard (Transylvania County) (Sept. 4)
- NC177 3.8 miles north of Dobbins Height (Richmond County) (Sept. 4)
- NC28 1.3 miles northeast of Robbinsville (Graham County) (Sept. 4)
- Casar Road 0.2miles south of Caser (Cleveland County) (Sept. 5)
- Red Bud Road 0.1 mile north of Castalia (Nash County) (Sept. 5)
Last year in North Carolina, troopers investigated 10 fatal crashes and 365 injury collisions over the Labor Day weekend.
Copyright 2016 WFMY