2 Year-Old Dies After Left In Hot Car

6:15 PM, Jun 28, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Burke Co, NC-- North Carolina health officials say a 2-year-old child has died after being left in a hot car, the first such death in the state since 2009.

The state Department of Health and Human Services says the Burke County child died June 7 after being left in the car unattended.

The last time a child died from hyperthermia in North Carolina was in 2009.

A report released this week by the North Carolina Child Fatality Prevention Team says 19 children died in hot vehicles between 1999 and 2009.

The report says most of the children died when they accessed a vehicle without an adult. Others died when they were left unattended. Temperatures are expected to be in the 100s over the next few days in parts of North Carolina.

Click here to see the full report

Most Watched Videos