MOORESVILLE, N.C. (WCNC) – It's possible that Tonight Show Host, Jimmy Fallon, will purchase a Ford F-150 from a dealership in Mooresville.
Fallon has made it no secret to viewers of the Tonight Show that he's interested in purchasing a truck. He's finally nailed down a make and model, a Ford F-150. In true talk show host fashion, he's incorporating the process, down to the sales consultant, into the show by hosting a competition.
Wilbur Rouse, a Sales Consultant at Mooresville Ford was selected from a list of 19 and made it to the final 10.
"He does have some unique strategies of how he's going to go about it, he is a very determined individual, he can focus strong, has incredible tenacity," said Michael Blank of Mooresville Ford.
Beginning Tuesday the Tonight Show will have a 2015 F-150 on the deck of the USS Intrepid, which is docked in the Hudson River. Each Sales Consultant will have to maintain contact with the truck for as long as they can. The show has coined the competition "Fingers on a 4x4".
"Growing up in upstate New York, I've always wanted to own a truck," said Fallon. "I wanted to make a fun event out of buying it and I think people will enjoy watching this contest. Whoever lasts the longest wins the sale. Who knows? This could be how people buy trucks from now on."
The Official Rules
1) Participant must always have a part of one or both of his or her hand(s) touching the vehicle.
2) Participant must not have any other part of his or her body touching the vehicle.
3) Participant must not sit.
4) Participant must not lean against the vehicle or otherwise use the vehicle to support himself or herself.
5) Participant must not fall asleep.
6) Five (5) minute breaks will be allowed every hour.
7) Fifteen (15) minute breaks will be allowed every six (6) hours in lieu of a five (5) minute break.
8) Participant may not sit, lean, or sleep during breaks (aside from the use of the restroom).
9) The "Fingers on a 4x4" challenge will begin on Monday, March 31 at 8 pm Eastern Time and will end either on Friday, April 4 at 8 pm Eastern Time or when only one participant remains in the participant, whichever comes first.
10) If more than one participant remains at the end of the participant, there will be a tie breaker. The tie breaking activity will be at the sole discretion of NBCUniversal.
11) All decisions of NBCUniversal representatives are final and binding.
12) NBCUniversal reserves the right to change these Official Rules for safety, fairness, or any other reason in its sole discretion.
The following determinations shall be made at the sole discretion of NBCUniversal:
1) Participant will be disqualified if he or she removes both hands from the vehicle.
2) Participant will be disqualified if he or she goes beyond the allotted time during any of the breaks.
3) Participant will be disqualified if he or she violates any of these Official Rules.