Buttermilk Lemon Chess PREP
1 ¼ Cups Sugar
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1 TBSP & 1 tsp Cornmeal
2 tsp Flour
4 Whole Eggs
½ Cup Buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla
3 ounces Butter (melted)
Lemon Zest (1/2 lemon)
Juice from ½ lemon
1. Dry mix Sugars, cornmeal, flour and salt in a large stainless steel bowl.
2. Slowly whisk in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter.
3. Whisk in lemon zest and lemon juice.
4. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust taking care not to spill any filling on the edges.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 60 - 70 minutes or until firm.
Pimento Cheese PREP
1 ½ lbs Extra SHARP Cheddar (shredded)
½ lbs Cream Cheese
½ Cups Mayo
½ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Cayenne
¼ tsp Onion Powder
½ tsp Black Pepper
4 ounces Pimentoes, drained
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Pimento Grilled Cheese
2 slices of Texas Toast Bread
1 TBSP Margarine
5 ounces prepared Pimento Cheese
1. Spread margarine on one side of both pieces of bread.
2. Place bread (margarine side down) on a 350 degree grill or frying pan.
3. Place half of Pimento cheese on each piece of bread.
4. Grill approximately 4-5 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is warm.