2 lb Boneless Sirloin Steak
1/4 cp Food Lion Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Food Lion Cornstarch
1 tbsp Gingerroot
1/4 cp my essentials Canola Oil
1 1/2 cp Carrots
1 lg Onion
1 lg Red Bell Pepper
1 1/2 cp Mushrooms
2 clv Garlic
1 1/2 cp Sugar Snap Peas
1 pnch Dried Red Pepper Flakes
6 cp Cooked my essentials Long Grain Rice
1. Cut beef in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into thin slices; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
4. Working in 3 batches, add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil, coating bottom evenly.
5. Add one-third of beef slices and cook 1 minute, until browned, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from skillet and set aside. Repeat with remaining 2 batches.
7. Return skillet to medium-high heat; add remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil.
8. When hot, add carrots, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
9. Add snap peas, red pepper flakes and soy mixture. Cook for 1 minute.
10. Return beef to wok and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, or until sauce thickens. Serve over hot rice.
11. *Two for one recipe shortcut: Reserve 4 cups (1 L) cooked stir-fry mixture and 3 cups (750 mL) cooked rice to make Spicy Ginger-Beef & Rice Soup with Lime tomorrow.