WHITSETT, N.C. -- The Guilford County Fire Marshal Office says the wind played a large role in a house fire in Whitsett Friday.
Fire officials told WFMY News 2 a home on Kivett House Road caught fire around 2 p.m. The fire started in the attic and the roof soon collapsed after being prompted from the wind.
No one was inside the home at the time of the fire and officials say no one has lived in the home for the past 2-3 years.
It is estimated the fire caused about $60,000 in damage.
The Guilford County Fire Marshal's Office said the fire is still under investigation.