RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. -- Two former employees of Randolph County Schools are accused of hurting the students they are paid to help.

Michael Ray Parker is accused of sending obscene pictures of himself to a 13-year-old and soliciting her online.

Brandon Cooley Godwin is accused of taking indecent liberties with a student.

Administrators with Randolph County Schools could not comment directly on this case because it is a personnel issue.

WFMY News 2's Morgan Hightower spoke with some Randolph County parents who call these cases heartbreaking and evil.

"I feel for the parents, I feel for the kids. I can't imagine what this will do for the kids in the long-run. It's just really sad and heartbreaking," said Bobbie Helig, a Randolph County parent.

William Currie said, "I don't know the words to describe it, but I think it's sickening, upsetting and definitely alarming."

Authorities say Brandon Godwin assaulted a student at Southeastern Randolph Middle School, where he worked as a student advocate. Authorities got that tip Monday from the school's principal and Sheriff deputies say Godwin turned himself in to authorities on Tuesday.

He has been charged with Indecent Liberties with a Student - a felony. Godwin resigned on Monday after working for the district since 2008.

His job was to work with students for dropout prevention, a role that involves both one-on-one and group sessions with students.

Across the county, at Southwestern Randolph Middle School, another Student Advocate is behind bars.

Authorities say they were tipped off by the 13-year-old victim's step-father.

"He brought a cell phone up here and in relation to it, we done some work on it and learned that there were some images that had been sent to the young lady along with some solicitation," said Captain Tony King, Randolph County Sheriff's Office.

Michael Ray Parker is charged with two counts of Disseminating Obscene Material to a Minor and one count of Soliciting Child By Computer. Captain Tony King says there are two obscene photos of Parker on the teenager's cell phone. Parker resigned from RCS, where he only worked for seven months.

Authorities are still investigating these cases.

Read or Share this story: